I’M NO THREAT TO KIDS ANY MORE
February 18, 2000, Friday, The Mirror, Paul Byrne
A CONVICTED sex offender named by the inquiry told The Mirror last night he is no longer a threat to children.
Michael Taylor said: “I don’t work with children and I have no intention of doing anything like that.” In an emotional interview he added: “I am not working with children and I have not been for many years.”
Taylor, 58 – No2 in charge at Bersham Hall home in Wrexham, Clwyd – was convicted by the town’s magistrates in 1980 of two indecent assaults and given two years’ probation. In 1993 he was cautioned for six more indecent assaults.
He is one of 28 “missing” people named in the report as potential dangers to young people.
The list was circulated to agencies across the UK amid fears that many could still be working with children.
But Taylor, a cabbie in Nantwich, Cheshire, till he retired after a heart attack last month, said he has lived openly at the same house for 20 years.
He had no idea what his neighbours’ reaction would be to revelation of his sex crimes. “I just want to be left alone.”